Join Thousand of Fellow Expats Living in Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, Spain, Portugal, France, or Italy
“Our homes are not defined by geography or one particular location, but by memories, events, people, and places that span the globe.”
Find Your Ideal Place to Live Abroad in Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, Italy, France, Spain or Portugal Over 50
Have you dreamed of living in Mexico, Central America, or Southern Europe? If so, don’t you think your dream is worth one week of your time and a small investment.to attend my one-on-one ¨Find Your Ideal Place to Live Abroad Over 50¨ Workshop.
I will do everything possible to ensure that your investment in my ¨¨Find Your Ideal Place to Live Abroad Workshop¨ will be one of the best decisions of your life.
While attending the ¨Find Your Ideal Place to Live Abroad¨ Workshop at my home in Merida, Mexico, or online, we will develop an individualized plan to live in your ideal spot (or spots) in Mexico, Central America, or Southern Europe. We will also explore everything you need to successfully adapt to living abroad based on your personality, interests, and goals.
Most expat retirees living in Mexico, Central America, or Europe find that living is more different from the US than they thought, and many return home disillusioned. Not me. Mérida, Mexico (my chosen expat haven), is my home and will probably remain so for the rest of my life. My success here is because I realized that I needed to understand how to adapt to life before settling down here. Let me help you do the same.
While we will talk about anything you like for a week, the ¨Find Your Ideal Place to Live Abroad¨ Workshop will address the following topics:
- Determining whether you really want to live abroad.
- Avoiding typical mistakes expat retirees make.
- Unearthing dozens of insider secrets for making your own perfect experience.
- Figuring out where you want to live in Mexico, Central America, or Southern Europe.
- Learning how to adjust and succeed in living in Mexico, Central America, or Europe.
- Exploring the differences and similiarities between North American, European and Latin American cultures, societies, and history.
- The logistics of living in Mexico, Central America, or Southern Europe (such as costs, real estate, food, daily expat life, legal issues, etc.).
- How to learn a foreign language efficiently and successfully.
How I Can Help You Find Your Ideal Place to Live Abroad
Pick my brain. I (Paul Heller) love traveling and living abroad and have extensive experience to help you design your perfect life, including having:
- Spent nearly seven years traveling around the world and visited 85 countries. I started traveling abroad in my childhood (I was a Youth for Understanding exchange student to Japan at age 14) and have witnessed firsthand the extensive changes in traveling and life abroad over that time.
- Lived in Mexico (Merida), Canada, and Russia for six years.
- Talked to hundreds of expats in Mexico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panana, France, Spain, and Italy as part of my research for my seminars.
- Stayed in thirty families throughout the world and participated in their daily lives and struggles.
- Read several hundred books about living and traveling in dozens of countries abroad; world history, economics and politics; and cultural adaptation and differences.
- Have a BA in Geography and International Studies from Macalester College in Saint Paul, MN
- Studied foreign langauges (especially French, Spanish, Italian, and Russian) using many different techniques for more than forty years. I know firsthand the advantages and disadvantages of most language learning methodologies and can match you with the methods that most suit your needs.
- Learned enough to become an expert on how living abroad is different from living in the US and Canada.
In the future, I will partner with other expats throughout popular expat destinations (any suggested partners?) to provide classes in their communities about logistics such as buying or renting a home, getting your home repaired, visas, and banking.
Want to Know More About How to Find Your Ideal Place to Live Abroad?
In addition to attending my “Find Your Ideal Place to Live Abroad” Workshop, I recommend reading some of my favorite books, websites, and articles about living abroad and these blog posts from CN Traveler, Forbes,
Additional Fifty Plus Nomad Classes and Workshops
- Fifty Plus Nomad’s Survival Spanish for Travelers Over 50 WorkshopIntroducing Fifty-Plus Nomad’s “Basic Survival Spanish Workshop” in my home in Merida, Mexico or online. Come learn enough Spanish to help you travel long-term in the Spanish-speaking world.
- Fifty Plus Nomad’s Exclusive Expat Retiree Survival Spanish WorkshopCheck out Fifty-Plus Nomad Spanish classes in my home in Merida, Mexico or online. In this three-week workshop, I will help you learn enough Spanish to survive daily expat experiences in the Spanish-speaking world.
- Fifty Plus Nomad’s Exclusive “Find Your Ideal Place to Live Abroad Over 50” WorkshopWant to live in Latin America or Europe but don’t know where to start? Take my one-on-one, one-week workshop,, and let me help you find your ideal place and then map out a plan to successfully live abroad.
- Fifty Plus Nomad’s Exclusive 1-on-1, “Ultimate Long Term Travel Planning Workshop”Benefit from my eight years of experience traveling around the world. Spend a week at my home in Merida, Mexico and learn what you need to know to successfully and joyfully travel long term, around the world.
- Fifty Plus Nomad’s Exclusive 1-on-1 Traveling and Living in Mexico WorkshopAlways dreamed of traveling or living in Mexico but don´t know where to start? Take my one-on-one, one week workshop at my home in Merida and learn what you need to know to make your Mexico-bound dreams a reality.
- Fifty Plus Nomad’s Exclusive “How to Teach Yourself Spanish Over 50” WorkshopLearn how to study Spanish or English on your own using the same techniques used by polyglots to become fully conversational in multiple foreign languages.
- Learn Spanish Over 50 Through Fifty Plus Nomad’s Exclusive 1-on-1 ClassesIntroducing Fifty-Plus Nomad Spanish and English classes in my home in Merida, Mexico. Come learn Spanish or English using the same techniques used by polyglots.
Additional Expat Life Posts For Fifty Plus Nomad
- 7 Little-Known Types of Modern Day Nomads and Expats
- Living Abroad Over 50 Is Not That Difficult
- 7 Little-Known Ways Polyglots Use to Learn Multiple Foreign Languages
- Fifty Plus Nomad’s Exclusive “Find Your Ideal Place to Live Abroad Over 50” Workshop
- Fifty Plus Nomad’s Exclusive 1-on-1 Traveling and Living in Mexico Workshop
- Fifty Plus Nomad’s Exclusive “How to Teach Yourself Spanish Over 50” Workshop
- Learn Spanish Over 50 Through Fifty Plus Nomad’s Exclusive 1-on-1 Classes
- Listen to My Interview on the Retirement Rovers Podcast
- 30+ Best Expat Life Quotes
- Join My Exclusive Long Term Travelers and Expats Over 50 Facebook Group
- Introducing The Revamped Fifty Plus Nomad Blog
- 12 Creative Tips for Learning a Foreign Language Over 50
- 10 Reasons I am an Expat Retiree in Mexico Versus Costa Rica
- Home Swap Tips: Arrange Your Perfect Home Exchange
- 3 Tips For Finding the Best Small Foreign Language Schools Abroad
- Choosing the Right Place to Retire in Mexico
- How to Be a Successful Expat Retiree: 7 Tips
- 45 Top Travel Safety Tips for Expats and Long Term Travelers Over 50
- My Complex Language Learning History
- Expat Life in Merida: Contentment with Friends and a Dog Despite Coronavirus
- Pros and Cons of Living in Merida, Mexico
- Paying More than Locals: How to Deal with and Avoid Problems
- Culture Shock: The Greatest Challenge for Long Term Travelers and Expats?
- 24 Top Outstanding Food Travel Tips
- Better Understand Your Travel Personality with Myers-Briggs
- Profile of a True Modern Day Nomad and Expat: Vicki Skinner
- Take Stanley Plog’s Travel Quiz and Discover Your Travel Personality Type
- Why Is it Important to Know Your Travel Personality?
- A Fifty Plus Nomad is an Adventurous Long Term Traveler Or Expat Over 50
- Top 2 Foreign Currency Exchange Tips: Avoid Ripoffs and Save Money
- 15 Uber Travel Tips: A Guide to the Best Safe, Budget, and Trouble-Free Rides
- My Complex Journey from Nomad to Expat in Merida During Coronavirus