¨Time flies. It is up to you to be the navigator.¨
Are You a Perfect Long-Term Traveler or Expat? Take the Fifty-Plus Nomad Quiz and Find Out
I developed the quiz after reading several books about adapting to a new culture and culture shock. The questions reflect the skills necessary to adjust to living and to travel outside of your home country.
The questions should make you aware of what it takes to be a happy and successful long-term traveler or expat.
Some people travel around the world or move to another country and return home shortly afterward. Why? They don’t consider beforehand if they have the right personality for the lifestyle.
While most long-term travelers and expats are happy in their new lives, why not invest a few minutes and find out if you should join these happy folks.
If you do not mark ¨agree¨ or ¨strongly agree¨ on any of the questions, you may want to think about how you will deal with that issue during your Fifty-Plus Nomad adventures.
It is not a big deal if most of your responses are ¨agree¨ rather than ¨strongly agree¨. You are still an excellent candidate for the long-term traveler or expat lifestyle since most people do not agree with many of these statements. Even I only ¨agree¨ with most of the statements in the quiz.
Fifty-Plus Nomad Categories
The quiz categorizes travelers in four Fifty-Plus Nomad categories based on their answers compared to the public.
- Category One; Natural Born
- Category Two: More Prone to Be Successful than Most People
- Category Three: As Likely to Be Successful than Most People
- Category Four: You May Not Be Successful
I gave this quiz to a few classes when I taught seminars about Living and Traveling Abroad around the US in the 2000s. As expected, around 2/3rds of respondents fit into category 2, and the rest were divided relatively evenly between categories one and three.
I suspect that the distribution of responses from the participants of this online quiz will be like those in my classroom experiment. Generally, if someone considers long-term travel or expat life, they are more likely to succeed in the lifestyle than the average person.
Want to Take More Travel Personality Quizzes?
Some Additional Travel Personality Related Posts
- Want to Unearth Your Travel Personality? Use My Inventory as an ExamplePaul Heller, the Founder of Fifty-Plus Nomad, has outlined in detail his own travel personality. This inventory was developed after taking all the quizzes and answering the questions contained throughout the travel personality section of the blog. It is intended as a model for other Fifty-Plus Nomads to use in developing their own inventory.
- 5 Unexpected Essential Questions to Ask Yourself Before Traveling Round-the-WorldIn addition to taking the four travel personality quizzes, Fifty-Plus Nomads should ask themselves five essential questions to help them determine how they like to travel.
- Unlock What Type of Fifty-Plus Long-Term Traveler You Are: Take this Exclusive Fifty-Plus Nomad Travel Personality Quiz #2Take Fifty-Plus Nomad’s Quiz Number 2 and discover if you prefer to travel like a local or as a jet setter. Or maybe, instead, you are an artful or a traditional traveler.
- Want to be a Successful Long-Term Traveler and Expat? Take the Fifty-Plus Nomad Quiz #1Take Quiz #1: Find out if you have what It takes to be a successful Fifty-Plus Nomad? (Hint: Chances are, you do).
- Take the Myers-Briggs Personality Test and Become a Better Expat and Long-Term TravelerTake the Myers-Briggs Personality Test and discover more about your personality and needs before you begin your long-term travel and living abroad adventures.
- Take Stanley Plog’s Travel Quiz and Discover Which of 6 Travel Personalities You HaveTake Stanley Plog’s Travel Quiz and discover if you are a pioneer, venturer, voyager, journeyer, sightseer, or traditional traveler.
- Find Your Travel Personality: A Vital First Step on Your Fifty-Plus Nomad JourneyI recommend everyone spend at least a day exploring their own travel personality, needs, and goals before they embark on a long-term, round-the-world trip or live in another country.