¨I read, I travel, I become.¨
- General– 1491 (Second Edition): New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus and 1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created by Charles C. Mann.
- Mexico–The Guaymas Chronicles: La Mandadera by David Stuart; First Step in the New World by David Lida; Mexican Days: Journeys into the Heart of Mexico by Tony Cohen; Gringos in Paradise: An American Couple Builds Their Retirement Dream in a Seaside Village in Mexico by Barry Golson.
- Chile- Desert Memoir (Chile) by Ariel Dorfman; Chile: Travels In A Thin Country by Sara Wheeler.
- Cuba – Dancing with Cuba: A Memoir of a Revolution by Alma Gullermoprieto.
- Peru– Turn Right at Macchu Picchu: Rediscovering the Lost City One Step at a Time by Mark Adams.
- Brazil– A Death In Brazil by Peter Robb.
- General–Neither Here Nor There: Notes on Europe by Bill Bryson
- France– Bringing Up Bebe: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French by Paula Druckerman; My Life in France by Julia Child and Alex Prud’homme; Sixty Million Frenchmen Can’t Be Wrong by Jean Benoit Nadeau and Julie Parlow.
- Italy- Rome and a Villa by Eleanor Clark; The City of the Fallen Angel (Venice) John Berendt; As Romans Do by Alan Epstein; La Bella Figura: A Field Guide to the Italian Mind by Beppe Severgnini.
- Ireland–Round Ireland with a Fridge by Tony Hawks.
- Iceland- The Windows of Brimnes: An American in Iceland by Bill Holm.
- Germany— Stasiland: Stories from Behind the Berlin Wall by Anna Funder.
- Russia— Casino Moscow: A Tale of Greed and Adventure on Capitalism’s Wildest Frontier by Matthew Brzezinski; The Fire Escape is Locked for Your Own Safety: On the Road in the Former Soviet Union by Molly J Baier.
- General- Video Nights in Kathmandu and Other Reports from the Not-So-Far East – Pico Iyer; The Silk Roads: A New History of the World by Peter Frankopan.
- Thailand–Mai Pen Rai Means Never Mind by Carole Hollinger.
- China- River Town: Two Years on the Yangtze by Peter Hessler; Riding the Iron Rooster: A Train Through China by Paul Theroux.
- Bhutan- Beyond the Sky and the Earth: A Journey in Bhutan by Jaime Zeppa.
- Iraq–Baghdad without a Map by Tony Horowitz.
- Iran– Honeymoon in a Purdah: An Iranian Journey by Alison Wearing.
- Japan– The Lady and the Monk: Four Seasons in Kyoto by Pico Iyer.
- Korea: A Walk Through the Land of Miracles by Simon Winchester.
- Hong Kong by Jan Morris.
- Australia– In a Sunburnt Country by Bill Bryson;
- Zimbabwe– Don’t Let’s Go to the Dogs Tonight: An African Childhood– Alexandra Fuller
- Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt.
- Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell.
- Coyotes: A Journey Across Borders with America’s Mexican Migrants by Ted Conover.
Traveling in General
- Travel as a Political Act by Rick Steves.
- Lonely Planet: Once While Traveling by Tony and Maureen Wheeler.
- The Geography of Bliss: One Grump’s Search for the Happiest Places in the World by Eric Weiner.
- The Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents. One Unconventional Detour Around the World. by Jennifer Baggett and Holly C. Corbett.
- Eat Pray Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert.